<![CDATA[China is famous for its must-watch places such as Huangshan Mountain, The Great Chinese Wall, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an and the Tiger Leaping Gorge. You can always plan to explore the charm and lure of this place. Besides, you may have some other purposes too to visit the country. And accordingly there are different types of Chinese visa available to the tourists. [caption id="attachment_2141" align="alignnone" width="810"] image credit: https://transmongoliandiaries.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/img_11471.jpg[/caption] Here is a comprehensive discussion on different types of Chinese visas. Your China visa consulate in San Francisco may help you with nitty-gritty of Chinese visa application.
- Visa Category C – This type of visa is usually given to the foreign crew members of trains, ships and aircrafts or to the motor drivers engaged in cross-border transportations. This is also issued to the accompanying members of the crew members of the said ships.
- Visa Category D – This visa is issued to the people wanting to stay in China permanently. During the past years, issuance of a D Chinese visa required a permanent resident permit and the process was difficult. However, now getting a resident permit has become easier than before.
- Visa Category F – This visa is issued to the people intending to visit China for exploring the country, exchanges, study tours and other purposes.
- Visa Category G – This visa is issued to the travelers wanting to transit via China. You must check if you can get a 72 hours visa exemption prior to applying for this type of visa.
- Visa Category L – This visa is given to the people who want to get into the country as a tourist. This is also known as a tourist visa.
- Visa Category J – This particular visa is issued to the resident foreign reporters and journalists of foreign news channels stationed in the country. You can apply for J1 visa if you want to stay in the country for over 180 days, while a J2 visa is perfect if you want to stay in the country for less than 180 days.
- Visa Category Q – This visa is given to the people who already have family members having Chinese Citizenship. This is also issued to the foreigners having Chinese Permanent Resident Permit and intending to go to the country for meeting the family. People wanting to go to China for foster care are also entitled to get this visa.
- Visa Category M – This type of visa is issued to the people wanting to visit China for trade or commercial purposes.
- Visa Category S – This visa is given to people intending to visit China to meet the foreigners working or studying in the country to whom the visa applicants are parents and parents-in-law, sons and daughters under 18 or spouses. This visa is also allowed to the people intending to visit the country for other private, familial reasons.
- Visa Category R – This type of visa are offered to the people whose expertise is very much needed in China or people with high-level talents.
- Visa Category X – This type of visa is given to the people intending to study in the country. You can apply for an X1 visa if you want to stay in China for over 180 days or an X2 visa, in case you want to stay there for less than 180 days.
- Visa Category Z – People who want to work in the country are entitled for this type of visa.